[gdal-dev] 1.7 release date

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Jun 10 13:29:30 EDT 2009

Matt,

1.7 release date hasn't been decided yet. There is no precise criterion to
determine when it happens : it depends mainly on when RFC or major work
planned by developers have been implemented. But if you look at the release
date of previous "major" versions (1.6.0 ~ 04-Dec-2008, 1.5.0 ~ 20-Dec-2007,
1.4.0 ~ 5-Jan-2007), you could expect 1.7.0 for the end of 2009.

Depending on the bug fix (which one are you refering to ? ticket number, SVN
revision), it could be considered to be backported into the next maintenance
version of the 1.6.x branch. But 1.6.1 has been released just a few weeks
ago, so 1.6.2 won't likely be released before a few months.

Best regards,

Even