[gdal-dev] Distributed processing

John Donovan j.donovan at virtalis.com
Fri Jun 12 07:05:38 EDT 2009

Hi,
We currently have a stand-alone app that converts, mosaicks and scales
GDAL-supported images to a proprietary format. It works well, but we
handle tens of thousands of source files at a time, which can slow the
process down to a crawl.

So we're investigating parallelising this process over several machines,
and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this that they'd be
willing to share? It's still early days yet, so we're open to all
suggestions.

Regards,
John Donovan - Programmer, Virtalis Ltd.