[gdal-dev] GDAL/ArcObjects based app crashes with newer GDAL versions (was How to delete shapefile)

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Wed Jun 17 14:59:24 EDT 2009

Mateusz:

Yes that is the case.  The same application works fine with GDAL 1.5.4
but not with any newer version.

I am beginning to suspect SDE / GDAL interaction.  I think SDE uses GDAL
1.4.  My GDAL library is built with SDE support and I am linking in
ArcObjects libraries to my application.  I am linking to the GDAL static
library when the crash occurs.  If I try to link to the gdal_i.lib then
the program does not crash but it does not let me step into any of the
methods even though it is a debug library and no GDAL functions work.

You mentioned "configuration".  Does GDAL 1.6 and new code require some
configuration on Windows XP that was not required before?

Bruce