[Gdal-dev] GDAL problems with IDLE

belaqziz salwa belasalwa at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 22 17:49:34 EDT 2009

Hi,
try the the following steps

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/GDAL/

--- En date de : Lun 22.6.09, JPKay <kay1829 at vandals.uidaho.edu> a écrit :

De: JPKay <kay1829 at vandals.uidaho.edu>
Objet: [Gdal-dev] GDAL problems with IDLE
À: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Date: Lundi 22 Juin 2009, 21h47

Hello,

I am trying to install GDAL on my mac running OS x 10.5.7 using python
2.5.4. I have followed the directions to build from the cheese shop, however
when I go over to IDLE and try  the command "from osgeo import ogr" I get
the following error: ImportError: No module named osgeo. I assume this means
that the libraries can't find each other. Any thoughts on this topic would
be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jon