[gdal-dev] Re: [postgis-devel] WKT Raster weekly report #4

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Jun 24 05:36:11 EDT 2009

Jorge Arévalo wrote:
> Here, the report #4:
> http://www.gis4free.org/blog/2009/06/20/gsoc-09-weekly-report-4-1206-1906/

Jorge,

I've submitted it as comments under your blog post, but it doesn't
appear and I didn't get any message it's been sent successful, so I'm
sending it here as well:

A couple of comments:

1. The spelling of PostGIS is PostGIS not Postgis, PostgreSQL not
Postgresql, also it's "WKT Raster" but not "WKT raster". It's fairly
important.

2. What sibling list you mean? Link it to specific place in GDAL/OGR
code from Trac source browser and it will be easier to find out.

3. Check this for svn:ignore
(http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.3)

4. What you mean as "I only compile the WKTRaster code"?
The WKT Raster has one direct dependency (PostGIS) and one indirect
(GEOS). The WKT Raster requires very recent version of PostGIS (I
suggest to grap source from its SVN trunk) and that recent version of
PostGIS requires very recent version of GEOS (again, GEOS from SVN
trunk). I build, run tests and install both of them every morning
without problems - it's easy.

I am going to put a post about WKT Raster installation, hopefully tonight.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Mateusz Loskot
Senior Programmer, Cadcorp
http://www.cadcorp.com