[gdal-dev] including GCP file for gdal_translate

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 08:47:00 EDT 2009

Narmadha,

gdal_translate cannot 'stack' multiple images into one. One way is to use
gdal_merge.py with the -seperate option to create a single tif file and then
use gdal_translate to intorduce the projection with the GCPs.
To make it easy to mention the GCPs to gdal_translate you could use
--optfile (refer http://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html) to edit the GCP
file into the required format ( [-gcp pixel line easting northing
[elevation]]* ).

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM, NarmadhaK <narmadhapk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to layer stack 7 bands from Raw landsat image.
>
> I have been provided with 7 tif files one for each band (with no proj)
>
> A separate GCP file (.txt) with nearly 90 GCPs has been provided too.
>
> I want to input all the GCPs into gdal_translate.
>
> I am using FWTools to work with gdal.
>
> Is there any option to do so?
>

> Narmadha

Chaitanya kumar CH.