[gdal-dev] OGR Feature Style

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 2 12:07:49 EST 2009

brian wrote:
> When a style at the feature level is a @name, how do you know if that
> name refers to a style at the layer or dataset level?

Brian,

I hadn't even realized that the API and OGR Feature Style specification
addressed datasource level style tables.  The spec does not seem very
specific on this point so I would assume a feature would first search
for a named style on the layer, and if not found would then search on
the datasource.

In case it isn't obvious, style tables are not a significantly used
technology currently. :-)