[gdal-dev] Problem in configuration of gdal

Wesley Roberts wroberts at csir.co.za
Wed Mar 4 06:56:45 EST 2009

Dear Ali,

I have not used cygwin in ages so cant help with regards to the actual workings around cygwin. One question could help with your problem, do you have write permissions in the folder you are trying to install gdal? I have recently installed OTB on a Linux machine running Ubuntu Hardy Heron and if I want to install in /usr/local/ for example, I need to use the 'sudo' command to get it done. Do you know if their is an equivalent command in cygwin?

I dont think your error has anything to do with python, have a good look at your write permissions.

HTH
Wesley

>>> "Guidara Ali" <ali.guidara at stage.cnes.fr> 03/04/09 12:27 PM >>>
Hi,

I'm installing OTB on Windows host with cygwin, i have just installed
cmake but when i was configuring gdal (version 1.5.2) by the command
(./configure --prefix=INSTALL_DIR), an error apprears (cannot create
temp file for here document :permission denied). I tried to use the
option --without-python but i can't solve the problem, the error
presented is (invalid package name: python). Can you help me?

Thanks.