[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr: shp > kml, coordinate precision and related kml file size

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Mon Mar 9 13:25:42 EDT 2009

Hi Hermann,

See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2461 for information about this...

> However, and based on my limited understanding: I do not need 3
numbers
> to describe a point in a 2D system, do I? How can I strip the height
> coordinate (and why is it there in the first place?).

I think you can use the nlt option to at least make the input 2.5 D and
then strip the Z value off, effectively removing the height. It may be
related to the CS transformation but I'm not sure without seeing your
actual input file.

-Chris