[Gdal-dev] No support for widestrings in ArcSDE driver for OGR ?

Anders Moe anders.moe at geocap.no
Tue Mar 10 09:49:28 EDT 2009

Hi

I'd be happy to test this out for for ArcSDE 9.2 (9.3 a bit later). I've
just pulled the latest stable and saw no change to the ArcSDE driver related
to widestrings I applied my own private patch as a workaround (attached).

Regards,
Anders.

> I would fix it myself and submit a patch, but ironically enough, I don't
> have a way to test it or compile it since I don't have ArcSDE nor ArcGIS
> anywhere... should I submit a ticket?

Ragi,

I'm in the same position - no SDE instance to test against.  A patch might
be good if either Howard or Anders are willing to commit to testing it out.

warmerdam at pobox.com

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2455262/d.txt d.txt