[gdal-dev] Re: gdal - java

Simone Giannecchini simone.giannecchini at geo-solutions.it
Tue Mar 10 13:37:12 EDT 2009

I just notice this message therefore I thought I would share some thoughts.

There has been an experiment in geotools a while ago in order to
support ogr as a datastore to access more formats (s57 where are you
:-) ), the result is an unsupported module in our svn

http://svn.osgeo.org/geotools/trunk/modules/unsupported/ogr/

It might be worth stepping up and taking care of it so that you would
get all the needed community support and actually you would also take
advantage of the geotools infrastructure that's already there.

Similar work, in much better status though, has been done for GDAL,
but I will probably send a separate email soon for that.

Ciao,
Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.