[gdal-dev] Re: Lossless JPEG in GDAL

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Mon Mar 16 01:37:56 EDT 2009

Scott, Jukka, Frank,

The attached file "structure.doc" belongs to the IJG libjpeg source code
distribution and says:

"The library does not support the lossless (spatial) JPEG process.
Lossless  JPEG shares little or no code with lossy JPEG, and would
normally be used  without the extensive pre- and post-processing
provided by this library.  We feel that lossless JPEG is better handled
by a separate library."

Best regards,

Ivan