[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr VPF->postgis

Malm Paul paul.malm at saabgroup.com
Mon Mar 16 12:10:58 EDT 2009

I saw that i should use FWTOOLS to get the postgres driver and then I tried this without any success:
ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:"host=localhost dbname=testgis user=cvfc PG:passwd=pwd" gltp:/vrf/test/vmap/v0eur_5/vmaplv0/eurnasia -lco OVERWRITE=yes -nln polbndl_bnd 'polbndl at bnd(*)_line'<mailto:'polbndl at bnd(*)_line'>

ERROR 1: PQconnectdb failed.
invalid connection option "PG:passwd"

ERROR 1: PostgreSQL driver doesn't currently support database creation.
Please create database with the `createdb' command.
PostgreSQL driver failed to create PG:host=localhost dbname=testgis user=postgres PG:passwd=postgrespwd

Kind regards,
Paul