[gdal-dev] Feature Style

Geo Aspects Development dev at geoaspects.com
Tue Mar 17 16:04:09 EDT 2009

hi,

The only format I have found which supports feature styles is MapInfo
tab files
The spec is hardly supported at all, infact even the dataSource/layer/
feature hierarchy is not supported - everything is at feature level
I would guess they are not widely used (for example, you cannot even
list the available styles (from either a StyleManager or a StyleTable)
- something which is almost
mandatory when writing a UI application)
There is no "interpretation" as such - the string is parsed into parts
or tools - its up to you how you interpret these components in the UI

Although I realize its a complex area I must confess that I have had
more problems with this part of the API than the rest of OGR and GDAL
put together!

Regards
Tim