[gdal-dev] gdal_fillnodata error

Wesley Roberts wroberts at csir.co.za
Wed Mar 18 09:27:58 EDT 2009

Dear List,

Yesterday I did an install of the latest svn gdal release (think it is 1.7) to my local machine. I am interested in using the gdal_fillnodata.py application to fill some lines in my Landsat 7 ETM data. When I run the code

python gdal_fillnodata.py -md 400 /home/wroberts/wes2006/Projects/Evapotranspiration/Data/Landsat_NDVI/test.img /home/wroberts/wes2006/Projects/Evapotranspiration/Data/Landsat_NDVI/test.fill.img

I get the following error

gdal.FillNodata() not available.  You are likely using "old gen"
bindings or an older version of the next gen bindings.

I am not sure what this means, could somebody suggest a solution or work around. I am currently trying r.fillnulls in Grass and that is taking a really long time.

Many thanks for your help and input,
Wesley

Wesley Roberts MSc.
Researcher: Earth Observation (Ecosystems)
Natural Resources and the Environment
CSIR
Tel: +27 (21) 888-2490
Fax: +27 (21) 888-2693

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."
- Chinese proverb