[gdal-dev] Feature Style

Geo Aspects Development dev at geoaspects.com
Wed Mar 18 17:21:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

If you are using OGR, because certain drivers support reading/writing
of FeatureStyles, you should probably try to build on top of them
(which is what I have done - linking into the Quartz API of OS X with
my own style clases)
OGCs web mapping standards use a format called SLD, web (vector)
graphics use SVG. Flash is also a possibility. But none of these are
supported by OGR.
I have not found any support for feature styles Oracle Spatial but
PostGIS looks more promising (I have no experience of using it though)
There is also some movement on osgeo to set up a symbology database.

hope this helps!
Tim