[gdal-dev] EPSG code question

Markus markusin at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 21 07:22:29 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have an own wkt format similar to EPSG:25832. Now I want to use ogr2ogr to import the shape file into oracle spatial. I already added a new entry (EPSG:258320) in the crs table. When I am trying now to import I get the following error message:

ERROR 6: EPSG PCS/GCS code 258320 not found in EPSG support files.  Is this a valid
EPSG coordinate system?

my import command is:
ogr2ogr -f OCI OCI:username/passwd at orcl11:mytable ./myshapefile.shp -s_srs EPSG:258320

Is there now a way to import the files anyway or do I need to add the epsg code into the file pcs.csv? If yes is there a procedure/guidelines how to add such a code?

thanks for your help

Markus