[Gdal-dev] SWIG bindings in Linux

turtlewax fevans at harris.com
Fri Mar 27 16:46:38 EDT 2009

In the past I've opened threads on GDAL/Mono.  This may have been too specific, so I'd like to rephrase the topic to include GDAL SWIG bindings for any language in Linux.

Just looking for feedback. Has anyone succeeded in getting the bindings to work in Linux? I realize the buildbots generate bindings, but has anyone else succeeded in compiling/using them?

What configure command was used?
What are the minimal dependencies? xerces, curl?
What compiler/linker flags were used?

I'm in a situation where I don't have root, so I'm forced to use a prefix for anything I compile/install. Thus far I've gotten a lot of SWIG projects to work in Linux, but have it a wall with gdal.

Thanks in advance.