[gdal-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] creat a temp workplace

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:17:07 EDT 2009

hi,
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 03:33:09PM +0800, apachemaven wrote:
> And in the step 2, I want to creat a temp location and mapset,beacuse my current location is the spanish example data...
> My god,I am crazying@@!

basically, any location can be considered as "temp", because of after
deleting the whole directory, it is gone (uninstalled).

if you want to create temp location in a batch script, just prepare some
    template location (with PERMANENT mapset and DEFULT_WIND and other
    files)

than you can just copy this template under new name and so the temporary
location is created.

if you set the GRASS_BATCH_JOB env. variable, (shell script to be
processed as batch job), the script will be performed automatically.

jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com