[gdal-dev] Availability of Lanczos and cubicspline in gdaladdo

Seth Price seth at pricepages.org
Mon Mar 30 16:55:27 EDT 2009

I actually hope to be addressing performance in my GSoC project. I'm
interested in rewriting the GDAL resampling code to CUDA, so the graphics
card does the hard work. For example, instead of processing one pixel at a
time, the latest GeForce GTX 260 would be able to process 216. I'm hoping
for CUDA to be 50 to 100 times faster.

Make sure you're using GDAL 1.6 or later, I recently rewrote the regular
Lanczos/cubicspline warping code to be much faster.
~Seth