[gdal-dev] Questions about projects of GSoC 2009

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Tue Mar 31 13:33:14 EDT 2009

Jorge,

I am glad you are interested in the PNG driver, which I suggested as a
project for Summer of Code...
It would be really great to have this in GDAL and I guess more
projects will profit from this...

I am going to assist as much as I can, whether in gsoc program
timeframe or even otherwise.
Feel free to contact me with any questions related to this project...

I guess for position of mentor there are better candidates then me
(like Frank, Even, Mateusz, ...)

Because I am a PhD student I applied in this Summer of Code as well as
a student so I technically I can not be your mentor. I can work this
summer on the WMTS implementation and other GDAL2Tiles improvements...
but I don't want to block position of new candidates...
If you are interested in WMTS implementation and GDAL2Tiles then just
go ahead, this I can mentor for sure ;-)

Best regards,

Klokan

http://blog.klokan.cz/
http://www.maptiler.org/