[Gdal-dev] Building a Projection Dialog

Diaren diarenwhan at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 11 12:35:54 EDT 2009

Using the SWIG C# libraries I'm attemtping to build a projected/Geographic
SpatialReference creation/edit dialog like you see in various GIS
applications, which has as the main components:

Projection Method
Projection Parameters
Datum
Edit Datum -> Ellipsoid, 3/7 Parameter Transformation parameters

The end result of the dialog would be to return a SpatialReference object.

I've opened the files in the data folder e.g epsg.wkt, pcs.csv,
gt_datum.csv, but am not sure of a rock solid way to build this dialog with
all the options. And even if I could list all the options, is there a
simpler way to set the parameters on a SpatialReference object other than
calling SetTM or one of the many other similar methods.

Basically, I'm not the most confident person on coordinate systems and is
attemting to build this common dialog, some help with how the dialog options
should map to the specific methods on SpatialReference would be greatly
appreciated? It may even make a good code snippet tutorial for GDAL.