[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr and regular expressions

Kristen C kstealth25 at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 15:52:06 EDT 2009

I am working with Tigerline edge files, and I want to identify all
interstates in Texas.  I have a huge shapefile that contains all Texas
roads.  I know how to use ogr2ogr to extract all shapes -where “FULLNAME =
‘I- 35’” for example.  But I need to extract all shapes that have the
characters ‘I-’ anywhere within FULLNAME.

Can I use regular expressions in ogr2ogr (i.e. -where “FULLNAME = \I-^\”).
If I can use regular expressions, can someone point me to example syntax for
regular expressions in ogr2ogr?

If I can’t use regular expressions in ogr2ogr, how would I solve this
problem?  If I have to write a Python scrip, are there any examples of how
to run a python script in FWtools?

Thanks!