[gdal-dev] SWIG bindings motions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 12 16:28:27 EDT 2009

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> +1
>
> I don't think we should keep any of the generated stuff just because of
> the buildbot. All of the builders should be capable to generate the
> bindings as part of the build steps. Only the path to the swig
> executable should be detected/specified. The Windows buildslaves are OK
> in this regard.

Folks,

I know i'm just a feeble pathetic person, but I'm having trouble keeping
up with swig developments and pecularities.  If we move to requiring
developers working from subversion to have their own swig I'm going to be
left in a position where I cannot build the python bindings on my of my
systems - and that means less testing from my end.

I've also got to the point where FWTools CSharp bindings are no longer
being built properly and I don't know why or how to fix it.

If you flush the bindings out of subversion you will lose the involvement
of some developers.