[gdal-dev] GDALClose causing segfault

Wendy Fay Stevenson stevensw at erau.edu
Tue May 19 13:49:47 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm using the GDAL api on LINUX to warp an image.  I open a GIF image, warp it and save it as a Geotiff virtual file.  Then I use CreateCopy to create a GIF file.  Everything works fine except occasionally it gives a segfault when I attempt to call GDALClose on the original dataset (opened with GDALOpen).  It happens about every 1 in six times I run it.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?
Is there a specific order in which the datasets should be closed?

regards
Wendy