[gdal-dev] error when opening wcs descriptor

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed May 20 13:43:55 EDT 2009

Godofredo,

This is very surprising. wms and wcs drivers are only compiled if libcurl is
available.

Assuming your platform is Linux :
My guess is that you have configured a first time without libcurl support,
compiled, observed that libcurl support was missing, reconfigured with
libcurl support and compiled again... without cleaning. But the second
compilation did not recompile the necessary file(s), in that instance
port/cpl_http.cpp. If you just 'touch' it and compile, this should work. But
as a rule of thumb, the safest way is to make clean after running again
configure.

Best regards,

Even