[gdal-dev] SWIG bindings motions

Francesco Paolo Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Sat May 23 06:17:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:43:25PM +0200, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> 2009/5/12 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>
>

> > I've also got to the point where FWTools CSharp bindings are no longer
> > being built properly and I don't know why or how to fix it.
> >

> Frank,
>
> Do you have more specific information about the issue above? I'm not aware
> of any problems when building the recent versions.

If the swig stuff was by default auto-regenerated at building time we could have
some problems from time to time in Debian/Ubuntu, due to recurrent
problems in moving from one distributed swig version to another. We found
problems in 1.3.38 and possibly all previously used versions after lenny release, for
instance (on the python side). At the same time, sometimes regenerating is required, but
that's generally something which is better left to builders and
packagers IMHO.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine