[gdal-dev] Re: reg GDALPolygonize

Srikanth srikanth1947 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 04:11:05 EST 2009

Hi ,

I have found the solution myself.
Below is the piece of code for polygonizing the raster.

Yet there is another problem i am facing. I am unable to create a mask band
for a particular pixel value.I understand that could be done using
thresholding. But I did not find any method for that in GDAL.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

GDALAllRegister();

OGRRegisterAll();

String pszFilename = "C:\\Images\\s3dImages\\geo_liss.tif";

poDataset = (GDALDataset *) GDALOpen( pszFilename, GA_ReadOnly );

GDALRasterBand *poBandR,*poBandMask ;

poBandR = poDataset->GetRasterBand(1);

poBandR->CreateMaskBand(GMF_PER_DATASET);

poBandMask = poBandR->GetMaskBand() ;

poBandMask->Fill(10,0);

 const char *pszDriverName = "ESRI Shapefile";

OGRSFDriver *poDriver;

poDriver =
OGRSFDriverRegistrar::GetRegistrar()->GetDriverByName(pszDriverName);

OGRDataSource* ds = poDriver->CreateDataSource("Shape", NULL );

OGRLayer* poLayer = ds->CreateLayer("myfile",NULL,wkbMultiPolygon,NULL);

CPLErr er = GDALPolygonize(poBandR , poBandMask , poLayer
,1,NULL,NULL,NULL);

 poLayer->SyncToDisk();

OGRDataSource::DestroyDataSource(ds);

--