[gdal-dev] Is there a way to determine if my bands are interleaved?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Nov 19 16:48:45 EST 2009

tasmith3 at rockwellcollins.com a écrit :

In fact, you don't need to know if the TIFF file is interleaved or not.
It is abstracted by GDAL. The interleaving parameters of the RasterIO()
call determine the interleaving parameters of the result buffer you
wish. So they can be completely unrelated to the actual interleaving of
the source file. By default, if you let the spacing parameters to 0,
GDAL will return a planar buffer.

If you really want to get the interleaving or planar config of a GTiff
file, you can query the "INTERLEAVE" metadata item of the
"IMAGE_STRUCTURE" metadata domain. If it's "PIXEL", it's pixel
interleaved, if it's "BAND" it's planar.