[gdal-dev] /usr/lib/libexpat.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format

Stephen Williams williams at csr.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 20 21:23:55 EST 2009

that is indeed one way to do it.  and it actually got the make to
finally work.  many thanks.

i'll be checking with red hat on monday to see if there is something
funky about libexpat libraries in 5.4.

also will be checking with the gamma software people to see if there is
something in that library that is needed or not.

many thanks to all that replied.

--

                     '''
                    (O O)
 ,-------------- oOO-(_)-OOo -------------,
 |            Stephen Williams            |
 |      Manager of Computer Services      |
 |       Center for Space Research        |
 |     University of Texas at Austin      |
 |     3925 W. Braker Ln., Suite 200      |
 |          Austin, TX 78759-5321         |
 |    512.471.7235  512.471.3570 (fax)    |
 |       williams at csr.utexas.edu          |
                oooO   (   )
                 \_)