[gdal-dev] Re: ECW in Southern Hemisphere

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Nov 26 10:15:07 EST 2009

Micha Silver <micha <at> arava.co.il> writes:

> I need to assist some agricultural projects using QGIS, and located in
> the Southern Hemisphere. They have a large set of ECW imagery which
> displays "up side down". It looks as if the images are rotated around
> their northern edge.  The northern edge is at the bottom of the map, and
> the southern edge at the top. Hope I've explained myself...
> The imagery has no CRS in the metadata data but they are located in
> UTM40S. The same images in Arcview display correctly...
>
> Any ideas how to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

If nothing else helps you could try to find an old ER Mapper utility program
called ECW Header editor somewhere. Perhaps ERDAS people at Leica can help you.
There is an option to set "Y Coordinates Increase: Upward/Downward".  But I fear
that everything is OK in the ecw file because Arcview shows it correctly and it
is QGis that cannot handle the situation.

-Jukka Rahkonen-