[Gdal-dev] Compiling GRASS for Windows with GDAL 1.6

DevonDan mail at danpearce.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 11:51:45 EST 2009

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a bit of a dumb question, but can anyone point me in
the direction of a guide to compiling GRASS so that it includes/makes use of
GDAL 1.6? This has to be a Windows only solution though as the people we are
working with don't have *NIX based machines.

The reason for this is that I would like to be able to read/display GRIB
files and, to the best of my understanding, this is not possible using GDAL
1.5. If I am wrong, or there is another solution, I would be most grateful
for your tips.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Dan