[Gdal-dev] Looking for libecwj2.dll Win-64Bit version

iotc iotc2000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:46:31 EDT 2009

Hi Tamas and Mateusz

Your time on helping us much appreciated. I am working with Paul in the
MapWindow team and I implemented the macro fix to libecwj2 a few months ago
(by strange coincidence I also chose NCS_ as the prefix).

libecwj2.dll compiles fine in VS2008 in WIN32, but we are experiencing
difficulties in making a x64 build. The main problem is that one of the key
developers in MapWindow has moved on and the rest of us are not very clued
up in C++.

The error that Paul refers to occurs in lcms.h ("Little cms") in a call to
the __asm keyword (Inline Assembler). I think that that could be fixed quite
easily. However, we simply don't know what other changes need to be made to
libecwj2 for a safe x64 build.

Tamas - would it be possible to post that library again for a short time? -
did you make #ifdef(WIN32) changes anywhere, and are there any special
compilation flags that we need to change in VS2008?

Best Regards
Rob

P.S. When I contacted Mark Sheridan of ERDAS in June about the legality of
my changes, he hinted that development on the libecwj2 SDK is continuing but
it would not be available as before. He wrote:
"The older public 3.3 SDK is known to build with VS 2005, not sure about
2008, as we never ported that version internally. We do have a much newer
version available to licensees with support for VS 2005/2008 in 32 and 64
bit, as well as other enhancements like improved caching, GML in JP2 support
and JP2 opacity channels"