[gdal-dev] compiling GDAL with GEOS on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 1 14:05:51 EDT 2009

Yilmaz Arslanoglu wrote:
>> If you specify a point to OGRLayer::SetSpatialFilter() you should only
>> get back features that intersect that point.
>
> Then do you have an idea how the "intersect" would behave between
> a line string and a point? (I would expect TRUE if the point lies on
> any of the line string legs,
> FALSE otherwise) I'm asking since DEPARE layer may also contain line
> string features besides
> polygon features. (or shouldn't this happen at all?)

Yilmaz,

It will depend on how GEOS handles this, but I would generally expect it
to be difficult to define a point on a linestring except at nodes.  If you
have a good sense of your precision needs, it might make sense to set the
spatial filter as a very small rectangle around the point of interest.

Best regards