[Gdal-dev] Missing aaigriddataset.o on make

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Oct 11 09:37:53 EDT 2009

Alan Hale wrote:
>> There was previous to this error an error relating to linking :
>>
>> libtool : link : unable to infer tagged configuration
>> libtool  link : specify a tag with '--tag'
>>
>> I got past this by adding '--tag=CXX' to the line
>> "LIBTOOL_LINK=$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link" though I confess again that was
>> only a guess based on a Google search on the error.

Alan,

I think this is the core of your problem and the solution was incorrect.
I do not know why you are encountering this problem.

I hesitate to keep guessing at the issue with incomplete information.  Are
you sure there isn't anything else unusual you might have done?  Perhaps
you should start from a fresh clean tree?