Re: [gdal-dev] Date tag in geotiff files

Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Mon Oct 19 12:47:22 EDT 2009

Martin,

An easy-dirt way is just add Metadata Items to it. That is how I am doing:

    output_dst.SetMetadataItem('STARTDATE',     start_date.isoformat(), '')
    output_dst.SetMetadataItem('STARTTIME',     start_time.isoformat(), '')

That would work as long as you are the same guy who writes the piece of code that read that data (stored on
GDAL auxiliary XML files, not on TIFF tags by the way).

Would be nice if we could use a standard Metadata schema.

Regards,

Ivan