[gdal-dev] Need some ideas for mosaic'ing raster data that spans the dateline

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:16:51 EDT 2009

I need to create a colored raster that shows data intensity over
Russia.  My data is in 2 pieces, one on each side of the dateline, and
in WGS84 projection.  What I would like to do is create a shifted
lat/lon projection, such that when both pieces are stuck together, all
of russia can be represented.  I'm pretty sure I can get everything to
line up correctly in GIMP to create a mosaic, but I'm drawing a blank
as to how I can define the shifted projection.  I'd like to use the
projection in Mapserver afterwards for display too.

Can someone send me a thumbnail sketch of how to do this, preferrably
with some proj parameters, please?

Thanks,

Roger