[gdal-dev] GDAL scripting with Python 2.5 (on windows)

Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Mon Oct 19 22:49:39 EDT 2009

Aleksey

Installing GDAL + Python 2.5 + "GDAL Python bindings" through the advanced settings usually works
pretty easy.

And the you should be able to launch the OSGeo4W Shell and access it, example:

   C:\OSGeo4W> Python
   >>> from osgeo import gdal
   >>> gdal.VersionInfo()
   '1520'

Notice that OSGeo4W install its own Python 2.5 distribution. So if you have a previous installation
of Python 2.5, that is not going to access the GDAL bindings.

Regards,

Ivan