[gdal-dev] gdalbuilvrt problem

Fabrice LALLAURET - PSV fabrice.lallauret at external.thalesgroup.com
Wed Oct 21 11:17:42 EDT 2009

I try to use gdalbuilvrt  with images having different resolutions. I
use it with argument -resolution highest and I find (I think) a bug.

The highest resolution is set with these lines of code in gdalbuildvrt.cpp :

                else if (resolutionStrategy == HIGHEST_RESOLUTION)
                {
                    we_res = MIN(we_res,
psDatasetProperties[i].adfGeoTransform[GEOTRSFRM_WE_RES]);
                    ns_res = MIN(ns_res,
psDatasetProperties[i].adfGeoTransform[GEOTRSFRM_NS_RES]);
                }
and MIN macro if define as :

../port/cpl_port.h:# define MIN(a,b) ((a<b) ? a : b)

But if resolution is negative MIN(-15,-1) is -15 not -1. I am right ?

Regards