[gdal-dev] Proper input for TransformPoint

Jamie Adams jaadfoo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:20:38 EDT 2009

I have it working for KML output like this:

*projection = dataset.GetProjection()*

*in_projection = osr.SpatialReference()
in_projection.ImportFromWkt(projection)*
*
out_projection = osr.SpatialReference()
out_projection.ImportFromEPSG(4326)

coortran = osr.CoordinateTransformation(in_projection, out_projection)

(x_out, y_out, z_out) = coortran.TransformPoint(x_coor, y_coor)*

Even though there is no z input in the transform, it will bail with
"ValueError: too many values to unpack" if you don't include it.

- Jamie