[gdal-dev] Question about gdal2tiles

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:31:08 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've a problem with gdal2tiles. I need to create tiles from an image
of 5 GB, more or less. The image has been created rasterizing a
shapefile. The shapefile's original projection was epsg:23028, but I
had to reproject it to epsg:23030 (because I had to cross this
shapefile with other ones in epsg:23030). To reproject, I used this:

ogr2ogr -s_srs epsg:23028 -t_srs epsg:23030 -f "Mapinfo File" dst.mif src.mif

Then, I rasterized the shapefile reprojected.

After this, I execute gdal2tiles, using resampling method 'near', but
it takes a loooooooooong time to complete the process. With other non
reprojected shapefiles (in epsg 23030 originally), the process is much
faster. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance, and best regards

Jorge