[gdal-dev] Version of lib HDF5 Included in Gdal 1.62

atubar atubar at 126.com
Tue Sep 1 08:40:57 EDT 2009

I'm a freshman, and I want to support HDF5 format in my program by using gdal, which version of lib HDF5 should be added to Gdal, 1.6.X or 1.8.x?
It seems that 1.8.x has taken great changes. And it seems that gdal recommands 1.6.x, for c:\warmerda\supportlibs\hdf5\5-164-win
listed in nmake.opt.
By the way, are all files of HDF5 format  suported by gdal integrated with HDF5 ? I used a sample data from HDFview package, there was an error of stack overflow while working with VS2008?