[gdal-dev] extract vector/raster data from GeoPDF

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Sep 3 09:50:37 EDT 2009

Joaquim,

   Doing the format conversion from .ps to pdf is one thing (and there are
several ways to do it), but embedding the georeferencing in the PDF to make it a
GeoPDF is the interesting bit.  I haven't found any open source project capable
of do that.  Or even capable of writing the PDF elements (e.g. Frames) necessary
for writing the GeoPDF information.  But I remain hopeful...

Brent