[gdal-dev] GDAL: How to create one NITF image from CIB CD

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Sep 3 15:50:27 EDT 2009

Selon "Rydzak, Carol-P28503" <Carol.Rydzak at gdc4s.com>:

I assume you are using a recent enough GDAL version (>= 1.5.0) that has the
RPFTOC driver. If so, gdalinfo on the a.toc should return a list of subdatasets
(at least one). You can then select one and translate it to a GeoTIFF. It will
mosaic all the underlying NITF tiles. See
http://gdal.org/frmt_various.html#RPFTOC for more info.

Someone recently reported problems with CIB but I've not heard any news since
then. The driver was tested against CADRG datasets but should theoritically work
with CIB too.