[gdal-dev] Shortening execution time of Python script

David Shi davidgshi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 06:54:02 EDT 2009

I have a Python script that automatically downloads zip files containing large datasets from another server and then unzips the files to further process the data.

It has been used as a geoprocessor of ArcGIS Server.

The script works fine when two datasets each has several kilobytes size, but the script stops half way when datasets were about 11,000KBytes.

I think that the execution time is too long and ArcGIS Server just simply killed the process.

What actions can I try to reduce the execution time?

ArcGIS Server only works on the basis of 32 bits and I was told that the maximum memory it can utilise is 4 MBytes.

I should be grateful if someone can make suggestions/recommendations.

Sincerely,

David