[gdal-dev] Re: Problem with gdal_translate

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Mon Sep 21 12:07:01 EDT 2009

gdal_translate -scale src_dataset.asc dst_dataset.tif

-scale [src_min src_max [dst_min dst_max]]:
     Rescale the input pixels values from the range src_min to src_max
to the range dst_min to dst_max. If omitted the output range is 0 to
255. If omitted the input range is automatically computed from the
source data.

see: http://gdal.org/gdal_translate.html

By the way: TILES is not a valid creation option (TILED however is).

Hermann