[gdal-dev] Translating between UTM and Geographic

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Wed Sep 23 13:46:57 EDT 2009

Maybe the problem is in your data.
Di you try to reproject zone 11 nad27 with the wkt nad83 below?

"Henneke, Amanda M" <amanda.m.henneke at boeing.com>
23/09/2009 01:44 PM

"Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca" <Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca>
cc
"gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org" <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>,
"gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org" <gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>
Objet
RE: [gdal-dev] Translating between UTM and Geographic

PROJCS["NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_12N",
GEOGCS["GCS_North_American_1983",
DATUM["North_American_Datum_1983",
SPHEROID["GRS_1980",6378137,298.257222101]],
PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],
PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],
PARAMETER["central_meridian",-111],
PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996],
PARAMETER["false_easting",500000],
PARAMETER["false_northing",0],
UNIT["Meter",1]]

Amanda M. Henneke
IG/DB Tools - TSS Capability Center
Boeing - St. Louis
314-777-6856
When One tugs at a single thing in Nature, he finds it attached to the
rest of the world. -John Muir

What is the wkt you are using for zone 12 nad83?

"Henneke, Amanda M" <amanda.m.henneke at boeing.com>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
23/09/2009 01:39 PM

"gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org" <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
cc

Objet
RE: [gdal-dev] Translating between UTM and Geographic

Here is some more information:

So, here is the WKT I'm getting from my code for the "problem" source
file:

PROJCS["NAD_1927_UTM_Zone_11N",

GEOGCS["GCS_North_American_1927",

DATUM["North_American_Datum_1927",

SPHEROID["Clarke_1866",6378206.4,294.9786982]],

PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],

UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],

PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],

PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],

PARAMETER["central_meridian",-117],

PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996],

PARAMETER["false_easting",500000],

PARAMETER["false_northing",0],

UNIT["Meter",1]]

Here's the WKT I'm creating for the destination file:

GEOGCS["Geographic Coordinate System",

DATUM["WGS_1984",

SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137,298.257223563]],

PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],

UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]]

Do you see any issues with that?  It looks like the source file is picking
up that it's NAD27...