[gdal-dev] Re: can ogr2ogr split polygons that cross 180 degree longitude

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Sep 29 05:39:19 EDT 2009

Hermann Peifer wrote:
> Hmm. With a fresh ogr2ogr from svn, I am running into this error:
>
> ERROR 6: GEOS support not enabled.
> ERROR 6: GEOS support not enabled.
>
> Simply adding the configure option  --with-geos=yes doesn't help. The
> configure output is:
>
> checking for geos-config... /home/peifer/local/FWTools/bin_safe/geos-config
> checking for GEOS version >= 2.2.0... yes
> checking for GEOSversion in -lgeos_c... no
>
> Any hint how to fix this?

What version of GEOS you have installed?
What does geos-config --version say?

If answers to the questions above suggest everything should work,
try to find "error" messages related to GEOS in config.log and paste
them here or somewhere (if large).

Also, you may try to call

./configure --with-geos=/path/to/geos-config