[gdal-dev] sounding point handling by OGR library

Yilmaz Arslanoglu yilmaz.arslanoglu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 12:16:03 EDT 2009

Hi;

I had some questions regarding the additional feature of sounding
point handling by the OGR library.

I know that we need to turn on the options SPLIT_MULTIPOINT and
ADD_SOUNDG_DEPTH options on.

1) Is there a way to turn them individually on without affecting the
other suboptions in OGR_S57_OPTIONS ?
    Because if we do it by the following statement:

   CPLSetConfigOption("OGR_S57_OPTIONS",
"SPLIT_MULTIPOINT=ON,ADD_SOUNDG_DEPTH=ON");

   Then there is a possibility to overwrite the other suboptions
UPDATES, RETURN_PRIMITIVES,
    PRESERVE_EMPTY_NUMBERS, LNAM_REFS, and RETURN_LINKAGES.

2) With turning ADD_SOUNDG_DEPTH option on, the points become three
dimensional, where the Z
    member variable contains the retrieved depth value I guess. Here,
my question is, does this depth
    retrieval process take care of any unit conversions (meters,
fathoms, feet, etc.) ?

Regards,
Yilmaz