[gdal-dev] convert geotiff to jpg

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 1 23:52:02 EDT 2010

weixj2003ld wrote:
> Hi,how to convert a geotiff file to a jpg file?
> BTW,I read two .tif files.and to get the count of raster through
>  getRastercount().one is 3 and the other is 6,what is means of 3 and 6?
> Thk u in advance.

Wei,

The eat-your-own-tail answer is that 3 and 6 are the number of bands .

It is likely that the 3 band image has red, green and blue bands.

The six band image is presumably some sort of multispectral sensor
like Landsat, and the bands do not have obvious color gun assignments.

However, the final answer is that knowing the number of bands isn't enough
to tell us what they are.